Michael C. Morris, M.D.
General, Laparoscopic & Bariatric Surgeon
- “These values which allowed me to realize my dreams, I utilize in my everyday practice to my patient’s benefit. My surgical practice has deep roots based in honesty and service for the benefit of those who choose to trust me. I always say there are a couple reasons why you have to trust your surgeon: first he holds a knife and secondly, he should have only your best interests in mind because at the time of surgery your surgeon’s voice is your voice and only your interests are your surgeon’s interests.
He is a member of the following associations:
- American Board of Surgery www.absurgery.org
- American College of Surgeons www.facs.org
- American Society for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery www.asbs.org
- International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity www.obesity-online.com/ifso/
- The Society or American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons www.sages.org
- Texas Medical Association www.texmed.org
- Webb County Medical Society
- New York Medical College Surgical Society www.nymc.edu
Some of his latest training includes:
- Lap-Band®, Advanced Laparoscopic Fellowship Program in Chicago, Illinois.
- Covidien VATS Course, Covidien Training Facility in Norwalk, Connecticut.
- Advanced Surgical Training Workshop, Covidien Global Training Centre in Elancourt, France.
- Bariatric Fellows Forum, Ethicon Endo-Surgery Institute in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Inguinal Hernia Workshop, Covidien Training Facility in Norwalk, Connecticut.
- Advanced Laparoscopic Hernia Surgery Workshop, Covidien Training Facility in Norwalk, Connecticut.
- Laparoscopic Colon and Rectal Surgery Course, Cornell University in Manhattan, New York.
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy Course, Cornell University in Manhattan, New York.
I was raised in Chiapas, Mexico. My educational journey as a graphic designer led me to Guadalajara where I met my husband; a year later we were married. Soon after we traveled to New York and during the next 6 years we raised 3 beautiful children. We chose Laredo as our home and have been very happy. Working as the office manager allows me to be an active member of the team that supports you on your way to a new life.